12.13.2007

Welcome, Interstate Ravelers.

Let's go back in time to Thanksgiving. We all gathered at my mom's house for her annual feast that could've easily fed the Eastern seaboard. After said feast, my SIL and I found ourselves chatting, and I happened to mention Ravelry.

     "What's Ravelry?" she asked.

Well, I couldn't believe it. She hadn't yet heard about Ravelry from her patrons, staff, or anything. Granted, she's a busy woman - running her own business and tending to the whims of my adorable niece - but I mean... it's R-A-V-E-L-R-Y. I worked fast so as to beat out the tryptophan comas we would all eventually succumb to: I whipped out my laptop and gave her a tour of Ravelry. As impressed as she was by the site itself and everything you could do on it, I think the thing that excited her the most was that a few of us out there linked our yarn purchases to her store. We immediately got her onto the waiting list.

As of 2 or 3 days ago, Florydori is now among the hip, cool, and terminally addicted knitters of Ravelry. Please, my friends, go out there and give her profile and projects a look-see. She hasn't had a lot of time to upload projects and photos, but keep watching - her FOs, many of which are her own creations, are just gorgeous.

(Super-wicked-mega bonus points to anyone who knows where the title of this post came from.)

No comments:

Knitting Bloggers
Previous | Next

I am Knitting Daily